Monday, October 10, 2011

Long day fishing.

Today was a long day, My buddy Angel 

called me late last night to see if we could hit the river for smallies at sunrise to noon and then after lunch I get a message from ED
 (The Four Season Angler) that he was going out around 4 and I was welcome to join him. What is an angler to do?

Angel got here around 6 with a pair of brand new waders ready to fish. We got our gear together tied a white 1/16oz jig with a glow yamagrub.
Angel made a few casts before he hooked up with a 17 incher, he got it all the way to his knees before the knot gave and it shot away. My heart sank, I wish I could have grabbd that fish for him, but he shrugged it off determined to catch another.
I got a small largemouth on a grub
(about this size, I caught this one a day or two before) I went to take a pic and my battery was dead, let the fish go and high tailed to to the house to grab my other camera. While I was gone Angel hooked up and landed a good average sized DuPage river small mouth.
Now I could relax, my job was to get his a fish and he got one. Now I could let my mind wander and fish.
I switched up to my favorite search bait a shallow runner Bluefox hooked into a little smallmouth, Angel followed up with a grub and connected with a carbon copy of the first one.

There were some cool spiders.

All and all great day to get out.
but i had more fishing to do, met up with Ed at his fishing hole, it was nice meeting his brother and son. My first bite came on a Biffel Hardhead jig with a KVD Rodent in black with blue speck.
 This is another look at the same fish.
 Got the second fish on the same bait about 4 feet of shore
The sun started setting so I switched to a black Booyah Buzz bait
I had 3 misses before I hooked up a few feet away from shore. The bass hit so had he launched himself out of the water and did a back flip. I got the fish in and Ed said it was time to go. What a great way to end the day on a high note.
Thanks for reading
Check out Ed's site http://www.fourseasonangler.com/
Click on the images to get a closer look and let me know what you think.
Dan

3 comments:

  1. So much fishing so little time. You really pushed that saying to the max. Nice bass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just doing what I can, while I can. Shabbona tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com