Saturday, October 8, 2011

Smallie success before the gar hunt.

Woke up and had breakfast with my niece and mother, they left at 7 and I had an hour to kill before I had to leave to rondevu with my buddy Boilingbrook BPS to head to Big Basin to see if we could get a gar in the boat.
I cast out the rebel Pop-R Plus and after two pumps, this guy hit.
 I was very excited to have a fish of this quality on the first cast, He fought hard.
 When you are photographing a fish up close make sure you use a macro setting on your camera for a good shot. As you can see from the shot below the background is more in focus than the foreground.
 I let that guy go and made another cast 2 feet to the left and after 3 pumps had this guy on.
 My buddy called and said he was on his way, I made a few more casts but did not have another hit. We spent the day down on the DPR chasing gar but could not connect. Maybe next time. The best thing I caught was this fall photo of this dam.
Think I am going to hit the DuPage again in the morning and see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com