Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sims Spinners

Every once in a while i would like to share about a product that I use and enjoy, It has been a while since I have had internet and haven't been fishing much so nothing much to report as far as fishing in the Central valley goes. I wanted to take some time to blog about Sims spinners because they are a product I believe in, they are durable, versatile and a good American made product that just plain catches fish.
I first heard of the small lure company on the Chicago fishing forums, seeing pictures of DesPlaines river pike with the small double spinning inline spinners in their mouths was too tempting. I has caught a few pike on Rapala  crankbaits but break offs were too costly for me, plus I had a few Ideas I wanted to play with. Dan Sims posted that he could customize his spinners however the customer wanted.
 
   I had always wanted to see what would happen if you created a double bladed spinner with two different sized blades. I contacted Dan to see what he could do. I ended up buying a few spinners, some with black bucktails and some with white. The main blade was a #4 Colorado and the secondary blade was a #2, the result was a spinner with more vibration but not as much bulk. A perfect combination to draw aggressive strikes from pike and not immediately get hung up in tree roots and other river debris.

My first few casts and I had a nice 28 inch pike.

A few very nice bass as well in Plainfield, Illinois in early November.
Even Gar can not resist these things.
http://www.sims-spinners.com/gallery/2010-fishing/dsc00371.jpg.php
One thing I never got a chance to try is their Muskie spinners.

Several nice fish have been landed with a Sims in their first year of production.
Tom Harris
50" Musky - Northern Minnesota
Caught on a Sims single #5 yellow spinner.

If you want an expensive, low quality lure that the fish don't like this is not the lure for you.

I lost a few Sims to snags in the spring when that water was high, I came back one fall day when the water was low and found 2 of them, wiped the dirt off and they were as good as new, that says something about the quality. You are not going to find a double Colorado blade spinnerbait you can throw with a medium action rod anywhere else. The single blade Colorado and French blade spinners work nice and can be painted about any color you would want.
    I have caught many after that ranging from Pike, Largemouth bass, Smallmouth bass, Bluegill, Crappie and Warmouth on Sims spinner baits.If you don't believe me, go to the site order a few and see for your self. Dan Sims (Owner) and David Mannion (Co-owner) are just two guys who love fishing and enjoy making a quality product. Buy local, buy USA.

The photos on this blog post that are not my own are straight from the Sims spinner website. http://www.sims-spinners.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com