Thursday, January 19, 2012

Man, Woman, Canoe

   One of the things I said I wanted to do more this year was spend more quality time with my wife. I am lucky to have someone like her to put up with my quirks and share my life with. She is not as crazy about fishing but enjoys the outdoors as much as I do. On Saturday we hit up my usual spot on the South branch of the King River. I landed a few on the Mr Ugly grub. I switched to a Bitsy Jig and Crazy Legs Chigger craw and did a lot better. The biggest landed was still under 2 pounds. As usual there was a fair amount of garbage, I must have picked up a few hundred yards of monofiliment. I am still finding it hard to find a circumstance that it is OK to leave wads of mono like this around.
   We had planned on going to Avocado Lake on Monday but we had to change our plans, so we ended up going on Wednesday. It was not too crowed so it was nice. my wife got some great pics of ducks and egrets. Had a few missed but the Mr Ugly ended up paying off. We found more line left for the birds and collected a few bobbers, one had a very interesting rig attached. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the telling.
Best of the day on the King river near Lemoore, Ca. Caught on a 1/8oz Bitsy jig

Most of the line we picked up off the shore

Fish of the day from Avocado Lake in Fresno county

He was a bit on the skinny side but pretty long 

My wife paddling in the sunset
Reflections in the water on Avocado Lake

Lots of American Coots swimming around us

Muskrat chilling in the reeds on the King river

Egret swallowing its dinner at Avocado Lake
Water clarity was at about 6 feet

Avocado Lake sunset
Hope you enjoyed the photos, tell me what you think in comments.
Thanks for reading.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Russ, glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Dan. Sounds like you are figuring those Cali bass out. I am not sure what to say about the wads of mono that others have left behind. If I think of a good reason, I'll let you know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel
    You know you are giving me the fever with those awesome bass. I can tell it is just around the corner for some great spring fishing----enjoyed the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nick, thanks.

    @Bill, don't you guys have open water down in Alabama? I was reading "Southern boy bass secrets" (or something like that) in Bass Masters Magazine about how this time of year is very productive in the south. Thanks for reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! Really love that last one. And there's nothing like being in a canoe at sunset. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! What kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos with the black border were shot with a Olympus TG-310 and the ones with the white border were shot by my wife with her Nikon D3100.
    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com