Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Perch Flies for Salmon

I tied up some flies a few months back that were meant to be my wife's uncle's Christmas gifts. He lives near Plattsburg, New York and does a lot of trolling for Lake Trout and Salmon on Lake Champlain. He shares a lot of the the same theories on fishing that I do, believing you can adapt proven saltwater tactics to freshwater and vice versa. Lately he has taken to troll large saltwater flies, streamer fishing at 60 to 100 feet deep. I tied a few perch colored flies for him, they both have bodies that include glow in the dark tinsel.
This one had a little more red in the body, like it matters at 100 feet deep
This guy has an orange belly with the glow tinsel wrapped around it
I plan on tying a few more Flashabou and Marabou streamers for him to troll as well, hopefully they find their ways into some fishes mouths. 

Thanks for reading, 
Dan

2 comments:

  1. Daniel
    Fantastic color combo -----not to mention the head and eyes. Awesome tie. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill, I hope they work for him.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com