Thursday, February 2, 2012

Impractical Flies

The thing that attracts me to fly fishing the most is the lures themselves, using scraps of this or that on a hook to fool a fish to bite fascinates me. There are great proven patterns that catch fish, and are fun to tie but still not as satisfactory as figuring it out on my own. I have tied a few in the month since I started tying, but what I really like is coming up with my own patterns and tweaking tried and true flies. 

Here are some I think turned out well.  

 Bead Headed Nymph
 Flashabou and Tinsel Clouser
 Double Beaded Nymph
 Hairy Spotted Moth
White Spotted Moth
If you have any questions about these patterns please do so in comments. I am a novice, but I think I got a few good ones in here, your feed back would be appreciated. 
Thanks for reading,
Dan

8 comments:

  1. Like the Bead Headed Nymph. That'll be a winner!

    Have fun tying practical or impractical flies,
    M.O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that Bead Headed Nymph has already caught me about a dozen Crappie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THose look great, Dan!! I just placed a couple big orders for some material myself...I can't wait to get started!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, found your blog and followed. Like the flies. JGR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right back at you JGR.

    @Nick, can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice ties. I've tied ones like that tinsel clouser before. I caught a few bass with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daniel
    These are outstanding patterns for someone who has not been tying very long. I am still thinking about getting into tying. I just don't know if I would have the patience to stay with it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com