Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pouring Sinking Worms

Jay Pee the Hip hop Fishermen  had a Del-mar sinking worm mold and some materials for sale. I bought them and Started making my first sinking worms.
There is a real learning curve, I still don't have it the way I want. The first batch came out more like those novelty sticky hands you get from the vending machines in the front of supermarkets. I am heating the plastic in an old metal milk pitcher from an espresso set with a electric hot plate. The plastic drips on ocasion and makes the house smell like burnt plastic. My wife is not too happy with that. I am going to be on the lookout for a microwave to make this easier on my self.
Did a few more with a couple drops of black, Hopefully I get to the river tomorrow with the wife, we'll see how it goes.

More in this to come, thanks for reading.

7 comments:

  1. If they're sticky does your catch rate increase?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first batch did not work well, haven't been on the water in a week due to my health issues. I will know how they do when I hit the river to test them tomorrow. I had too much softener in there and not enough salt. I like the amount of wiggle some of the lower salt ones have. They still feel pretty heavy and sink fine. I have been playing with the formula, a bit. Without the softener they will break in half when loaded with salt. I just got to keep playing with the ratios.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They were dusted in Garlic Powder. :P

      Delete
    2. Daniel
      The Garlic is the key to the heavy hits, especially in cold water situations---like the colors. Thanks for sharing

      Delete
  3. I bet Travis Crosman would be willing to give you some pointers. He's got it down to a science.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about him having it down. StankX products are great.

      Delete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com