Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Missing my Niece

My niece and dog fishing the West Branch of the DuPage river in DuPage county Illinois


I love being an uncle, getting to watch this wonderful person grow and to be able to have a positive influence on her is amazing. I love teaching her as well as learning about her and hearing her view of things. She is a bright wonderful little girl and I am very proud to he her uncle.  
Magic gloves

I haven't seen my niece since Christmas and I am really starting to miss her. It took a while to get her to touch a fish, the secret was her wearing gardening gloves. I wish I lived closer to take her out with me, get her to catch her first fish on her own. It is hard living half a continent away, I guess I just have to make the most of the time we do get to spend together.



I wish I could go back to Illinois right now and spend some time but it is just not in the cards. Hopefully it will be soon.
Thanks for reading,
Dan

7 comments:

  1. cant beat spending time with the family, hope you find yourself back in the flatlands soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff, Dan! Her fishing gloves are classic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is adorable. That first day I discovered the glove trick she had already taken her bath while I was out side pitching a sipinner. I caught a cat fisha dn walked up to the house to show her. She runs of towards the garage "I'm going to get my gloves so i can tough the fish. Wait there Unkie Dan."

      Delete
  3. Just something special about little girls, they are Daddy's pet--I remember my little girl who is grown now sitting in my lap wanting me to read her a story---and always did. Thanks for sharing this post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is awesome, lost her first tooth Saturday, hid it from the tooth fairy to try to get more money! The old tooth fairy scam. :D

      Delete
  4. Magic gloves, that's a good trick I will have to try that with my nephew.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com