After my Avail Party boat trip I knew I was going to need a lot more swim baits. The way I figured is the DIY way, grabbing a block of Sculpty putty I went to work forming some swim bait shapes, most were standard but I made one ribbon tail (I didn't use it) and one Rock fish type I made for a larger jig head.Once I formed them to my liking and baked them I sanded them smooth.
4 swim bait blanks
Rock Cod Swim Bait
Threw together a box out of scrap n my garage and aluminum taped it to a baking sheet.
I bought a lb of Alumilite RTV Type III and short poured the mold. Had to wait 4 days and pay another $15 shipping to finish my mold and even then there were weak spots. So I covered them with some porous cloth for strength.
Once it cured I pulled the mold off the sheet.
Used a razer blade to clean up the top of the molds.
I could not wait, I mixed up some pearl for the bellies and a small batch of florescent orange for half and motor oil for the other half.
The final product turned out nice.
I really lie the way everything turned out.
I am excited to see how they work. If I were to do it again I would have gone for the 3lb tub of RTV and done a few shorter skinnier swim bait blanks.