Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Smashed German Potato Salad

My Smashed German Potato Salad.

If you are sick of all the mayo heavy potato salads out there this one should be a welcome change. 

 So here is what I used
Potatoes
Yellow Onions
Green Onions
Thick Sliced Bacon
Olive Oil
Pepper
Spicy Brown Mustard
Salt
Butter
Fried up the bacon and chopped it up. 
 Cooked the Taters until the skin blistered
 Used a knife to slice up taters while it was still hot
 Added the Onions and Bacon added salt, pepper and mustard to taste. I like to add Olive Oil to lighten up the smashed taters. Serve hot or cold, it usually lasts about a week in the fridge but in not normally in there for too long. 
Hope you try it and like it,
Dan

2 comments:

  1. This sounds and looks like a winner, I need to get my wife to put this together. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is simple and good. Hope you get a chance to try it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com