Monday, June 25, 2012

Tough Time on the River

Had the pleasure of fishing with a new friend I met off central Coast Kayak Fishing  and a friend of his friend Mike on Sunday. I decided to hit the river and see if the fishing has stabilized. Well short report: No.

Got out on the water by 0630, it was at the top of the bank and flowing much faster then it was during the winter, most spots had about a foot of visibility. I know it all sounds good so far, so here is the kicker with the 100 plus degree days we have been having the water temp was 60 Fahrenheit! Most people I talked to were skunked or had caught one dink LMB.

We paddled up current and against the wind about 4 miles, it was a nice day to go out but it was not as good as it had been before they released the water down stream. I missed 2 and even got one to the edge of the boat just to flip off before I could make a gab for him.

Derrick got the only fish.
Derrick with the fish of the day
On the way back I almost got run over by a jet ski and there were 2 kids in a v hull shooting guns a little too close to me for my comfort, I got back to the landing and found it full of day campers and kids. I miss fishing during the weekdays, this 9-5 job has it's down sides for sure. Derrick and Mike, you guys are hardcore to make it all the way up river to me with a 45 minute lead, I'd fish with you guys any day.

Thanks for reading,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com