Monday, September 24, 2012

The Mantis Returns?

I think I found the Mantis that hitched a ride home from Fresno in my wife's car, we released him hoping he'd like all the bugs attracted to our Passion Flower plant. I can't be sure it is the same one but it is definitely a mantis and about 100 times bigger than the little guy we found.
You see the resemblance? 

I hope he likes our front yard, we like thinking he is alright.

Thanks for reading,
Dan


http://theimpracticalfishermen.blogspot.com/2012/06/mantis.html

2 comments:

  1. Well, if it's not the same one they would pass as twins! I love having a mantis around but must admit, when viewed really up close and personal, they're a little disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be the time of the year for Mantis. I dug one out of the bug zapper the other morning before he became fried mantis and it was the first I've seen this year.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com