Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Back in My Navy Days...

Just sharing some posts from my time in the Navy, hope you enjoy.
How you ride an EA-6B Prowler like a boss, and yes that is me. 
One of our Line Shackers busting some rust. 
A bridge in Lisbon, Portugal that was made by the same folks who brought you the Golden Gate Bridge. 
USNS Supply during a vert rep. 
Most of what you do while working on the flight deck
EA-6B Prowler
E-2 Hawkeye on a high power turn off the fantail. 
H-53 landing on the fantail. 
H-53 fueling up
2 hours prior to flight
Sunset in the Persian Gulf 

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed the pictures,
Dan

4 comments:

  1. Always nice to see photos of our boys in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is where the magic happens.

      Delete
  2. Brought back a lot of memories from my time aboard DD951 USS Turner Joy. VERTREP with USNS ships, UNREPS with the bird farms............
    USN from '72-'76, WESPAC sailor (3 times). Didn't reup but I'm really glad I did my four years. Enjoying your blog.

    Andrew McDermott
    Newark, DE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked the photos Andrew. Thanks for leaving a comment, and thank you for your service.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com