Friday, November 23, 2012

Cayucos Pier

Happy late Thanksgiving, here is a late fishing report.

   The second to the last day my parents were over we headed back to the coast. My mother and wife hit the vineyards in Paso Robles and my dad and I took the girls down to Cayucos for some fishing off the pier. Keeping hooks and bait on the lines of three teens is a feat in its self. I managed the skunk, as did two of my daughters. My dad caught a small sculpin, and one of my daughters caught her first fish ever!
A Pacific Jack Smelt  caught on a Sabiki rig
She actually managed to jig up 3 fish before the sun went down. Her older sister was pretty frustrated getting skunked. I gutted and scaled the fish at the small sink on the pier and brought them home. When we got home I kept them in a bag of saltwater over night. The next day I cut the fillets off and cooked them on a hot griddle with lemon, salt, and pepper.
Cayucos Sunset
So proud of my daughter catching her first fish, she is eager for more. Taking them out again Sunday, but I can't decide to go to Sam Simeon or back to Cayucos.   I will be sure to share that trip a little sooner than this one.

Thanks for reading,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com