Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lake Success- Failure and Success.

Last week I hit up Lake Success with my buddy Big Ed owner of LBS Tackle. I didn't do so hot, I had a few hits on 1/2 showoff jigs in California Chronic but Ed walked away alright with a 1/2oz football head jig in his new Scarecrow color.

It was a tough day on the water. Two tournaments were going on while we were there, I am not sure how the other went but one was won with a 17 lb bag of 3 and second place was five fish with a total of 14 lbs.  Most of the people seemed to be fishing A-rigs around 20 feet of water.Ed's luck was a little different.

We had a late start; didn't get to the lake until around 8. Then a bad battery caused us some trouble. Lots of lures were flung, but the only results in our boat were from jigs.
Ed's first was a 5 lb (even) spotted bass. It was so dark it barely looked like a spot, but the mouth and tooth atch was a dead give away. She went in the live well for a revival and a photo shoot later.
This shot was overexposed so I decided to make it sepia, I thought it captured the mood well

Ed showing off his catch, the Scarecrow was only thing getting bit and after he snagged it on some structure and lost it it was time to go. He was kicking himself for only bringing one. 
LBS Show-off Jig in Scarecrow 
The funny thing was the number of people on Facebook who gave Ed grief over whether this fish was a spot. Once I posted this picture a lot of them changed their opinions. It is good to see healthy fish like this in the Valley.

Thanks for taking me out Ed, I had a great time. Maybe next time I will take some of the pressure off of you and catch some fish.

Thanks for reading,
Dan

Find LBS Tackle on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/LbsTackle?fref=ts

8 comments:

  1. Nice spot for sure! Going out for the first time tomorrow on The Fox. Gonna be cold but if it's sunny will be alright. Keep catchin em out there Dan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom. Hope you slay them.

      Delete
  2. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok. You are welcome to follow mine.

      Delete
  3. That spot would be a record out here in NC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another 10 pounder was just caught in California, that is the third world record spot I believe.

      Delete
  4. I guess there is a reason why I always take flies in 3's. I'm sure Ed can relate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he seems to always forget extras. I think he does it on purpose.

      Delete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com