Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Joe Koenig "Bleed Like You Bleed" Kickstarter

 Left to Right: Ryan Howell of CCKF and Joe Koenig showing off two nice Pacific white sea bass. Photo via Ryan Howell.
Joe and his son Les
       Last year I wrote about Joe Koenig. The man has to be one of the nicest most open people I have ever met. He is a devoted father, great fishermen, one hell of a guitar player, a great vocalist, and he'd do just about anything for a friend--or a stranger for that. He gave me his first album, Somethin' Concrete, back in May of 2013 and it stayed in my CD player on repeat for almost three months before I decided to give it a rest. "Attack of the Hand" is one of my favorite songs, period. His voice has a rough edge that is balanced perfectly by his guitar playing. More of a soulful singer songwriter than a country singer or rock artist, his style is what it is--real and raw. He is currently in the studio recording a new album and recording is not cheap.
 
       For those of you not familure with Kickstarter, it is home for everything from films, games, and music to art, design, and technology. Kickstarter is full of projects, big and small, that are brought to life through the direct support of people like you. Since our launch in 2009,5.8 million people have pledged $1 billion, funding58,000 creative projects. Thousands of creative projects are raising funds on Kickstarter right now. Kickstarter allows the people who make stuff fund their projects straight from the public. 

       
           
            The best part of this process is you can donate a lot and get some cool perks, like a private concert, or you can just donate $10 and get a digitel copy of the album when it is ready. There are other perks like seats at a private release party, tee-shirts, and even beer coozies. But the cool part abotu this is every little bit helps. I'm not getting paid to write this, I already donated to I could get the physical album. I think Jo is a great guy that writes great tunes and that is something I want to support and promote. Even if you aren't going to donate, check out one of the new tracks, "Wheels."

        
Joe with a pair of big reds
      

           Thanks for reading this. I hope you liked the music. I really want to see this album get made the way Joe wants it to get made. $10 is not that much for an album. I have heard a few of songs that are going to be on the album while sitting around the camp fire and can tell you they are something special.  Plus once he gets it made he should have some open time to go fishing with me. Even if you decided not to donate thanks for reading and checking out Joe's music.

Dan

The Kickstarter Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1584836931/joe-koenigs-new-album-bleed-like-you-bleed

Buy Somethin' Concrete on iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/somethin-concrete/id288596792

Joe's website:
http://www.texas-soul.com/

Joe on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/joekoenigmusic

Opening weekend with Joe: http://www.theimpracticalfishermen.com/2013/05/more-from-opening-weekend-campfires-and.html

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It truely is. Thanks for checkign it out Nick.

      Delete
  2. Last I checked he was half way to the goal. Thanks for checking Joe's stuff out.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com