Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Quarter of a Million!

P8030561          When I started this Blog on the 1st of November 2011 I was growing sick of the drama on fishing forums and wanted somewhere I could share my love of fishing while not getting over shadowed by the high school poitics that always seems to infest fishing forums.  I wanted to call the blog the Practical Fisherman, but then I saw that was a book, webpage, and the title of a few videos, I so tried again. I figured I am not so practical and liked in honor of the InFishermen brand dubbed my new blog the Unpractical Fishermen...After I published it I got a funny feeling and looked it up and saw unpractical is not really a word. So I started the Impractable Fishermen...And realized I spelled it wrong , so I became The Impractical Fishermen. One thing this adventure has done for me is improve my writing and typing skills, but most of all it has allowed me to meet some excelent people who share the same love I do for the outdoors. I want to tank my blogging buddys (too many to list, and you know who you are), my family, and most of all my loving wife.

Thanks for reading,

Dan

9 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! You will probably get to 1 million now faster than you got to 250k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet. Thank for reading this train wreck, the fishing trips we've had, and being a friend. You are a great friend and I bet you will be a great dad.

      Delete
  2. Way to go Dan. I'm sure it amazed you just like it did me. I know you'll be leaving me in the dust as far as hits go, so Rock On Buddy. Still a lot of fish upcountry if you come up this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark. I really do need to make my way up there. It is just rough between college, work, and a 7 month old. Plus I need to find a school to do my Masters with. Hopefully I will find a reason to head north and we'll slay them.

      Delete
  3. Take it from someone who has been around the block a few times with the whole blogging scene since it first hit the internet, I have much respect for anyone who stayed with the effort long enough to have a quarter of a million. Onward, my blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir. It means a lot coming from you.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the milestone brother!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com