Saturday, April 25, 2015

I'm Still Alive

            I haven't been fishing since 2014 and have had so much going on it has not been a priority to write. Money is tight so I haven't ever bought a fishing licence this year. Plus if I were to drive an hour fifteen minutes to the nearest lake I'd miss out on half a day to a full day with my son. I have had a lot of papers and other school work to keep me busy, not to mention the other stuff going on. I have three weeks left in my bachelors program and summer is on its way in. I am going to try to get back into writing because it just feels right to me. It has become a part of who I am and I realized that not writing was denying myself something I enjoy. I even stopped reading other blogs. It was becoming overwhelming watching the days click past, but the break has just proven I need to keep writing. 

I am very proud of this climbing jasmine I planted next to the garage. 
Writing vacation is over...

Thanks for reading,

Dan

12 comments:

  1. Dad first, all that other stuff will fit in as you figure out a schedule that works. I didn't start fishing or writing till I was 40 or so, you have time. Staying healthy is key, for the kid, the fishing and writing. Oh yeah, I guess for the wife too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you go on a shaving vacation too? LOL

    Great to see you getting back into it! Im sure that the worst drought ever isn't making it easy to find closer waters.

    Plus, kid time truly rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beard...Whiskers for Wounded Warriors. Look them up on Facebook. The drought was not helping my fishing funk what so ever. It is stupid to fish a dried mud pit and that is all my part of the river is anymore.

      Delete
  3. Hey Dan. I know this is three days late, but this is the first time I've had internet access since moving. Glad you're still around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about being three days behind. I appreciate the support no matter when it arrives.

      Delete
  4. Hi, Dan, I am even later than Mark getting here. Happy to hear that you are re-committing to writing and your blog. On the other hand, completely understand those special moments when children are young and need all the attention you can give them. Plus, all the other stuff.....

    I have changed my blog and direction somewhat and would like to invite you over to my new blog. Here is the link: http://grampsgonefishin.wordpress.com

    I have added your link to my blogroll......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great now I gotta change your link again. You keep me on my toes Mel. :D

      Delete
  5. Write on brotha, write on! Good to see you back. I have been away from writing myself and I have hella trips to catch up on. So if you want to read, check my blog in the next couple of days lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what you got. I need to get out soon. I am done with school next week, so hopefully I will get out soon.

      Delete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com