Saturday, May 2, 2015

Beard Trims and Hummingbird Moths

               A few weeks ago I had a visitor in the house. A Spinx moth flew in the house and really startled us. The funny thing was it kept dive bombing me hitting me in the head and the face like he was drunk and wanted to fight. Then as fast as he came he was gone. The next morning I heard a buzzing and the moth was attempting to go out a closed window so I snapped a picture.


        The other day on my way out the door I noticed another moth near my front door light so I snapped a picture. I have been seeing a lot of them recently. I think the climbing jasmine I planted in the front yard. They are such cool bugs. 


            On a less buggy note, I got a trim and shaved my beard. I spent the past six months growing my beard out for Whiskers for Wounded Warriors a non-profit bringing awareness and support to our wounded warriors.  Check them out on Facebook


The beard was a little much, so after much protect from my wife I trimmed it down. 



Thanks for reading, and please check out Whiskers of Wounded Warriors.

Dan



6 comments:

  1. There are so many good projects out there for wounded warriors. This one just makes that list better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a fun group. It is more about spreading awareness and giving support than donating cash, which I really appreciate.

      Delete
  2. Hey, Daniel, being a veteran I will definitely check into the "Bearded" group over on Facebook. Interesting pictures of the Moths in your area.

    I can see that you and your son are two peas in a pod!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel. That little guy is my life.

      Delete
  3. Moths are such cool looking bugs. There are so many variations/species of them, and they all have really cool markings. Sweet shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they cool though? They look even cooler when they are flying.

      Delete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com