Saturday, May 9, 2015

Biking to Work.

         For the past month and a half or so I have been biking into work. I live too far to bike directly into my office, and it would be impractical to ride my son on my bike the 26 miles to his daycare on base, so I am dropping him off and riding in from the main base at NAS Lemoore to Operation side.


The trail I ride is five miles as the crow flies an a rocky dry dirt roads for the most part. I tend to make the eight and a half mile trip between thirty and forty minutes. I try to get three days a week. Doing more is a little much for me. It is nice doing something active twice a day.


           I manage to put around 50 miles per week in on my Fuji Outland Disc. I was having problems with tires popping, but slime tires and plastic tube protectors have really been working well for me. I need to replace the things that strap my bike down to the Thule bike rack. They keep falling off on the highway.


       Only a week left of school and I will have my bachelors. The temp is starting to raise and I am busy, but at least the pool is looking good.

Thanks for reading,

Dan

2 comments:

  1. I bet that pool looks even better after a day of riding the bike and work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is starting to get warmer. The pool is looking better and better.

      Delete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com