Monday, July 20, 2015

My FSA Custom Rod

RIMG0180_edited

       So my amazing wife figured out the perfect gift for my birthday last November. She got a hold of my buddy Ed Schmitt, who builds some sick custom rods, to make me something special. The Diawa Lexa spinning reel paired with it is sooth and has a nice smooth drag. The reel is spooled up with Nanofil and the thing casts a mile.

RIMG0177_edited

The rod features a Batson Rainshadow Immortal IMMS610MXF 6'10" blank, Fuji K series Alconite micro guides, and a Fuji SK2 reel seat. Ed also lathed some beautiful custom grips using cork with cherry and burl wood as accents. 


Photo by Ed Schmitt

Ed really went above and beyond to make this thing beautiful. It is a real work of art.


Photo by Ed Schmitt

You would think the hardwood would be hard on the hands, but the rod is light, plus the wood accents are not is places the hand comes in contact with often.

RIMG0176_edited

The tiger wrap is stunning and photos and video do not truly do it justice.



I could sit and stare at it for hours.

To protect this beautiful build I ordered a Rod Condom sleeve and am very happy with it. The price was awesome, shipping was under a buck and it arrived quickly. Not to mention it is a veteran owned American company. You should check them out.

RIMG0164_edited

I took it out to the upper Kings River back in late November. I tried throwing spinners and a bubble fly but nothing was biting.

RIMG0163_edited

At least it is a pretty place to get skunked.

RIMG0169_edited

Unless you count this giant crayfish my buddy spotted and I pulled out of the water.

Tight Lines,

Dan

Check out these guys.

FSA Custom Rods:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/FSA-Custom-Rods/144864788920834?fref=ts

The Rod Condom:
http://www.therodcondom.com/


6 comments:

  1. Hey Dan. Good to see you back. Awesome rod. Kind of a mesmerizing wrap. Your wife did good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed does some great work. His rods handle fish well too.

      Delete
  2. Generation sportfishing fishing rods are normally created in addition to made for an average along with typical skills and they are made employing typical factors, and can produce affordable overall performance. Nonetheless, people who demand much more off their sportfishing toolbox use customized fishing rod builders to accumulate of which certain instrument they require with the kind of sportfishing these people prefer and the overall performance these people be expecting. go here to know more http://survival-mastery.com/skills/scouting/custom-fishing-rods.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about BIA Insurance Agency, they help me to get compensation. If You want their service please go through the link.
    http://www.biainsuranceagency.com/apartment-building-questionnaire/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for the best quality product possible and research before purchasing one. Wasting money is not something anyone likes, better spend sometimes on research and get the right fishing accessories.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com