Saturday, August 29, 2015

It's a Boy!



Thing have been busy. We have to get the crib ready for the new baby so I built my son his first big kid bed.


He seems to like it a lot. Just screwed and glued 2x10 lengths of Douglas fir together with deck screws. The headboard is joined with dowels.

\
It is sturdy, high enough to change the sheets without wrenching your back, and he seems to have no problems sleeping in it. I finished it with a mixture of Minwax early American. and dark walnut. I used three light coats of clear spray liquor and buffed it out with clear wax.


Thanks for reading,

Dan

6 comments:

  1. Congrats man! Been catching up on your blog and glad to see all is going well in your career and family life. Hopefully El Nino brings that badly needed rain so you can get back out on the river. Heading back to So Cal in the next year and hoping to enjoy the mountains and rivers like when I was young. Take care!

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. My opinion as a Geezer woodworker is that you did an awesome job on the bed. You're to be congratulated. No, not even for two bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! Great job on the bed, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. All spam will be deleted. Google account users don't need Capcha verifications anymore so tell me what you think.
If you are interested in writing a guest post, or want me to write a guest post on your blog or website contact me at impracticalfishermen@gmail.com